The GMCA is a Public Authority and we have a number of legal responsibilities to provide services to you. These services include the Fire Service, waste collection and disposal and commissioning of services for victims.
The Greater Manchester Combined Authority collects certain information or data about you when you visit takingcontrolofourtransport.co.uk , takingcontrolofourtransport.com, takecontrolofourtransport.com or takecontrolofourtransport.co.uk
When you visit this site we will collect the following data from you
- Information on how you use the site, this includes but is not limited to the resolution of your screen, the browser you use, which pages you are looking and the time you spend on the site.
This information is collected through Google Analytics. This is anonymised and we use IP masking to further protect your privacy.
We may also collect
- Any information you provide to us via email.
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletter.
- How you view our newsletter – for example if you open them and which links you click on.
This data can be viewed by authorised people in GMCA and shared with partner agencies, councils and contracted suppliers. We do this to:
- Gain analysis into the performance of our content and campaigns.
- Ensure our site meets the technical needs of those accessing it.
- Respond to your feedback.
- Provide tools to present content from social media platforms.
- Send our email newsletter to you.
Tools we use
We use three tools to perform the above actions:
- WordPress CMS – to build the site and store content.
- Mailchimp – to collect your details in order to share our newsletters.
- Google Analytics – to analyse how our site is used and to make sure the site meeting the needs of those using it.
We don’t allow Google Analytics to use or share our analytics data, User-ID is turned off and our data retention rate is set to 14 months. Please read our cookies page for further information on the cookies used by Google Analytics and the other tools on this website.
You can use this browser Add-on to opt out of Google Analytics
A cookie is a simple text file that’s stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Only that server can retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. So if we put a cookie on your computer, it can’t be read by any other website.
To improve our service we collect anonymous web statistics using Google Analytics.
This stores several cookies on users’ computers or mobiles devices to tell us how many people have visited each web page, how they got there, and where they navigated to from there. The data collected is completely anonymous and does not store any personal details.
Changing your cookie settings
You can change your computer settings at any time to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies. How you do this depends on your web browser.
Find out more at www.aboutcookies.org
Where your data is stored
Where your data is stored will depend on the service. Further information on this is available from the providers of the systems and tools we use on this website below. All of these services comply with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Google Analytics – https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance
MailChimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
Any data you send is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link that appears in every email.
To contact us directly please follow this link to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.